Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Project: “FILIERE DU VIN UPGRADING” (Finance Contract no (Serapis) 2010-0484)
Purchaser: Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV).
Supply of viticulture equipment for the Vocational School from Leova and Vocational School from Nisporeni, Republic of Moldova, procured within the Education and Research Institutions component of the “Filiere du Vin Upgrading” project.
IFB No. # VIT_LEO_NIS_2015
1. The Republic of Moldova is undertaking the ”Filiere du Vin Upgrading” (the Project) in the amount of EUR 75 million (the Loan), to address the structural weaknesses in the Moldovan wine industry, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for procurement of Viticulture equipment to be supplied for the Vocational School from Leova and Vocational School from Nisporeni, Republic of Moldova.
2. The Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV) from Moldova now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for:
Supply of viticulture equipment for the Vocational School from Leova and Vocational School from Nisporeni, Republic of Moldova.
The Bidder must bid for 100% of items. The Purchaser’s evaluation of a bid will consider only the price factor. The place of destination is Republic of Moldova. The delivery and installation period is up to 8 weeks.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and/or request an electronic copy of the bidding documents from: UCIMPRSVV; PIU Procurement Officer, Telephone/fax: +373 22 260906; Cell phone: +373 78812202; Email: email@example.com
The Bidding Documents are provided free of charge (in electronic format) and shall be sent via e-mail, upon written request from Bidder.
5. Bidders Qualification Requirements:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
- The annual turnover of the Bidder should be not less than EUR 800,000; or equivalent, for each of the past 3 years.
The Bidder should provide audited financial statements and balance sheets for the last three complete financial years demonstrating the soundness of the Bidder's financial position and demonstrating that it has the financial resources necessary to handle the requirements of the proposed Contract.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirements:
a) It should have been in operation for a minimum period of 5 years being an official dealer that has the manufacturer’s authorization (MAF) to distribute new viticulture/agriculture (mobile) equipment.
b) The following additional documentary evidence should be presented within 28 days by the successful bidder upon receipt of notification for contract award and the contract shall be signed only after this documentary evidence is provided. (note: if available, this documentary evidence can be also presented together with the bidding documents)
The documentary evidence will consist of a statement that the Bidder has at least one service center in Moldova (or provide copies of signed Partnership Agreements with such service center in Moldova) for routine maintenance and major technical repairing, that corresponds to Viticulture equipment manufacturer’s standards with respect to the following:
- it has adequate repairing premises (with spare parts warehouse) for offered viticulture equipment,
- it has necessary repairing equipment to repair the offered viticulture equipment,
- it has an equipped mobile repairing unit/vehicle, that allows emergency repairing and maintenance of offered agriculture equipment in the field,
- it has service personnel certified for viticulture/agriculture equipment repairing.
c) The Bidder must demonstrate that they have successfully completed at least 3 (three) similar complexity supply contracts of same goods (viticulture/agriculture (mobile) equipment) during the past 3 years (2012, 2013, 2014).
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below (1) at or before 10.00 AM, September 11, 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below (1) at 10.00 AM, September 11, 2015. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: EUR 9,000.
The addresses referred to above are:
(1) For bid submission and bid opening purposes, the Purchaser’s address is:
Attention: PIU Procurement Officer, Address: 18, Calea Basarabiei str., MD-2023, 2nd floor, City: Chisinau;Moldova. For bid submission: office # 2; For bid opening: office # 10.