Invitation for Bids
Republic of Moldova, Wine Sector Restructuring Program “Filiere du Vin Upgrading”
Finance Contract no (Serapis) 2010-0484
Contract Title: Procurement of Construction/reconstruction works at two wine production laboratories in two separate locations: VET Leova and VET Nisporeni;
Reference No.: WORK_LEONIS_2017
1. The Republic of Moldova is undertaking the ”Filiere du Vin Upgrading” (the Project) in the amount of EUR 75 million (the Loan), to address the structural weaknesses in the Moldovan wine industry, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Procurement of Construction/reconstruction works at two wine production laboratories in two separate locations: VET Leova and VET Nisporeni, within the Program Education and Research Institutions Component.
2. The Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV) from Moldova now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Construction/reconstruction works at two wine production laboratories in two separate locations: VET Leova and VET Nisporeni. All requested works, at both locations, are to be fully completed within 90 days, since contract award notification date.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and/or request an electronic copy of the bidding documents from: UCIMPRSVV; PIU Procurement Officer, Telephone/fax: +373 22 260906; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The Bidding Documents are provided free of charge (in electronic format) and shall be sent via e-mail, upon written request (to the Project email mentioned above).
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below (1) on or before 10.00 AM, August 23, 2017. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below (1) on 10.00 AM, August 23, 2017. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: MDL 200,000 (or equivalent in EUR or USD).
The addresses referred to above are:
(1) For bid submission and bid opening purposes, the Purchaser’s address is:
Attention: PIU Procurement Officer, Address: 18, Calea Basarabiei str., MD-2023, 2nd floor, City: Chisinau;Moldova. For bid submission: office # 2; For bid opening: office # 10.