REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
TALENT RETENTION FOR RURAL TRANSFORMATION PROJECT (TRTP)
Reference no. (as per procurement plan): 38/22 TRTP
The Government of Republic of Moldova has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) towards the cost of Talent Retention for Rural Transformation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of consulting services.
The use of any IFAD financing shall be subject to IFAD’s approval, pursuant to the terms and conditions of the financing agreement, as well as IFAD’s rules, policies and procedures. IFAD and its officials, agents and employees shall be held harmless from and against all suits, proceedings, claims, demands, losses and liability of any kind or nature brought by any party in connection with Rural Resilient and Talent Retention for Rural Transformation Projects.
The consulting services (“the services”) include selection of CPIU IFAD Director for the following activities:
- Provide strategic leadership for the growth and successful implementation of the projects;
- Plan, organize and coordinate projects implementation in line with rules and regulations and provisions of the loan/grant agreements;
- Supervise the financial management of the projects;
- Elaborate and review project documents as well standard IFAD procurement and disbursement documents;
- Coordinate timely and quality preparation and compilation of the Projects Annual/Quarterly Work, budget, procurement plans, and progress and financial reports and their submission to the IPSC as appropriate and submission to IFAD for non-objections;
- Ensure timely audit of projects resources;
- Ensure the efficient management of project resources in a transparent manner;
- Supervise project disbursement, accounting and financial management and ensure eligibility of funds use in accordance with the loan/grant agreements;
- Ensure that procurement of goods, services and works is carried out according to project design and IFAD procedures;
- Lead the recruitment of project staff through a transparent and competitive selection process. Ensure efficient HR management, conduct regular performance appraisal exercise for projects staff;
- Manage the CPIU-IFAD staff to ensure efficiency, including appraising their performance annually based on annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) contracts;
- Support IFAD-funded projects on cross-cutting issues related to: i) harmonized technological, methodological and organizational innovations for project teams; ii) monitor and control implementation indicators; (iii) mobilize additional financial resource for co-financing; and, iv) capitalize on technical achievements to feed policy dialogue or other topics chosen and validated by IFAD and the Ministry;
- Analyse regularly the disbursement progress and propose measures to fill the gaps;
- Ensure the development and integration of cross-cutting issues in all projects and harmonization of approaches;
- Contribute to the interventions harmonization of project partners;
- Facilitate a consultation framework between CPIU-IFAD, projects and implementing partners;
- Manage the CPIU team to implement consistently its programme support functions and ensure good collaboration between the CPIU-IFAD and project technical teams;
- Maintain regular dialogue with IFAD, the MAFI and the IPSC;
- Develop partnerships with projects following the same objectives at national level or adding value to IFAD-funded projects.
This request for expressions of interest (REOI) follows the general procurement notice that appeared on UN Development Business website on 1 February 2022, on the CPIU IFAD website on 31 Jan 2022, on MAFI website on 1 February 2022, on Economic magazine Logos Press no. 5 (1411) from 11 Feb 2022 and on Facebook and Instagram on 31 Jan 2022.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to IFAD’s Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Policy and the Revised IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption its Activities and Operations. The latter sets forth IFAD’s provisions on prohibited practices. IFAD further strives to ensure a safe working environment free of harassment, including sexual harassment, and free of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) in its activities and operations as detailed in its IFAD Policy to Preventing and Responding to Sexual Harassment, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
Interested consultants shall not have any actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest. Consultants with an actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest shall be disqualified unless otherwise explicitly approved by the Fund. Consultants are considered to have a conflict of interest if they a) have a relationship that provides them with undue or undisclosed information about or influence over the selection process and the execution of the contract, or b) have a business or family relationship with a member of the client’s board of directors or its personnel, the Fund or its personnel, or any other individual that was, has been or might reasonably be directly or indirectly involved in any part of (i) the preparation of the REOI, (ii) the selection process for this procurement, or (iii) execution of the contract. Consultants have an ongoing obligation to disclose any situation of actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest during preparation of the EOI, the selection process or the contract execution. Failure to properly disclose any of said situations may lead to appropriate actions, including the disqualification of the consultant, the termination of the contract and any other as appropriate under the IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption in its Projects and Operations.
The MAFI now invites eligible candidates for CPIU-IFAD director to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services in the form of a curriculum vitae (CV) and Cover Letter. The director will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection (ICS) method set out in IFAD’ Project Procurement Handbook that can be accessed via the IFAD website at www.ifad.org/project-procurement. Interviews will be conducted as part of the selection process. The director of CPIU IFAD will be selected for 5 years.
The shortlisting criteria are:
1. General qualifications:
Master’s degree in a relevant domain will be considered as an advantage; a further advantage is a PhD in a relevant domain.
2. Specific previous experience in the field for vacant position:
3. Competencies (through Interview for candidates that score at least 42 points on the above criteria 1 to 2):
Very Poor 10-30%
Very good 85-100%
Any request for clarification on this REOI should be sent via e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19 July 2022, 5 PM (Chisinau Time). The client will provide responses to all clarification requests by 20 July 2022, 5 PM (Chisinau Time).
Expressions of interest in the form of curriculum vitae (CV), Cover Letter and other documents that confirms the professional experience and qualification must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 21 July 2022, 4 PM at the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry address - bd. Ștefan cel Mare și Sfânt 162, bir. 1405 and/or by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (HR).
If the information provided does not correspond or is not complete, the candidate will be disqualified from the selection procedure. Only candidates who have accumulated at least 42 points will be invited to the interview. The candidates who are interviewed will receive a total score out of 100; candidates scoring less than 70% will be disqualified. Only the top ranked candidate will be invited to submit a proposal. This selection process is in line with IFAD’s Individual Consultant Selection Process (ICS) that can be accessed at www.ifad.org/project-procurement.
Attn: Nadejda Russu, CPIU IFAD Senior Procurement Specialist
Ștefan cel Mare și Sfînt bd. 162, Chișinău, MD-2004
Tel. (022) 22 - 18 - 80
+ 373 60 500 788
 The policy is accessible at https://www.ifad.org/en/document-detail/asset/41942012.
 The policy is accessible at https://www.ifad.org/en/document-detail/asset/40738506.